COVID 19: At present The’Doubt Virus’ Will have to be Exterminated!
January 13, 2021 Health
Common people mostly have fickle minds; they’re always guided by what they want to believe, often to their advantage. When they’re worried, frightened and clueless about the near future they’re most susceptible to doubt and conspiracy theories. For the last 6 months people throughout the globe are extremely disturbed by the COVID 19 pandemic, not so much due to the deadly ramifications of the virus than the restrictions and lock-downs derailing normal life it’s introduced its wake. They desperately have to get back to the sweet normal times and live happily ever after, and therefore they jump to accept and believe fully when some motivated souls offer that’COVID 19 is a scam, it’s simply a’annual influenza ‘. Thus the’doubt virus’is established and the social media as always helps it spread-at times much faster than the killer virus. Probably the basic impulses for skepticism stem from the reality that over 807 of Coronavirus positive cases are mild in nature and recover easily, only the elderly with co-morbidity are most vulnerable and that an average of the death rate is low at 1 to 4% except for many countries. However, facts also show that the dead includes teenagers too and anyone can be infected using this most contagious virus.
The conspiracy theories originated in the United States, as always, where extraordinarily’democratic’chapters of the citizens opposed the lockdown and restrictions right from the start symbolizing these with the’agenda’of President Trump. Several conspiracy theories linking even the tragic murder of George Floyd started doing the rounds in the US of which we won’t make an outline here just to stop vulnerable minds undergo and inculcate doubts. We’d only like to say here this writer got a cultural media forward giving a connect to an article by some’enlightened soul’who took pains of great arguments to’prove’that the pandemic is just a’political hoax ‘. Once we mentioned earlier lots of vulnerable people got influenced by this, and none other than a medical surgeon of the Indian state of Assam who even lodged a FIR alleging that only a’annual influenza’has been labeled as a pandemic and he wanted action against the concerned governments. This, naturally, created a string of reactions in their state driving news channels asking the hapless common people about their’doubts’on the COVID 19 infections rather than destroying the dilemma.
Now, this’annual influenza’theory reduces at the fundamental premise itself: if that’s so then this phenomenon should be occurring annually, and why then this year must be so different! Governments do not need to have gone on an emergency drive to produce more and more healthcare facilities including ICU beds just to tackle an annual event of flu. Then come the experiences of various affected countries and governments tackling this’annual influenza’some of which we narrate below as arguments to break such kinds of fake and motivated views:
1. Let’s take the exemplory case of the Chinese experiment. Ignoring lots of conspiracy theories about China itself we just ask here why would China need absolute authoritarian measures to tackle the virus (well, even annual influenza is the result of a virus) in terms of continuous lockdown and rigorous enforcement โควิด 19. After being successful keeping in mind the infected numbers below 100,000 the country remains fearing an additional outbreak, and risking its economic downswing again to stop its spread. Its aggression against India can be explained as an integral part of its apparent desperation. An annual flu cannot explain these.
2. Why would countries like UK, Italy, Spain, France, USA and Brazil suffer so much from an annual influenza that killed more than half a million so far and remains on its deadly prowls? Why would Italy reduce itself to circumstances of helplessness with dead bodies of Corona patients littered everywhere or why would a German finance minister commit suicide over Corona worries? How one is to account fully for a death rate of over 14% (seen in several countries) for an annual influenza virus?
3. Why would the doctors and experts of the World Health Organization carry on telling’lies’that the new Coronavirus is quite dangerous that will probably stay for a lot more than couple of years and the worst is yet to come despite whatever campaigns or actions going on or taken against it? We seemed to own accepted initially this pandemic is the biggest crisis ever faced by humankind. Now, why have second thoughts and doubts?
4. Why would countries across the entire world carry on taking huge risks for an economic crash with unprecedented unemployment and pave just how for a recession possibly even worse than the Great Depression? In particular, why a developing country and a most promising upcoming world power like India should risk whatever it’s achieved in development so far.
5. Exactly why is this kind of mad rush throughout the globe to fast-track production of a vaccine against only an annual flu? At the least this intensive medical research cannot mask a hidden agenda whatever that may be.
Within the last few couple of days new cases in India have already been rising at nearly 25000 per day with the only solace that daily recoveries increasing steadily and the death rate is fortunately still low; the concern being a rising positivity rate indicating community transmission. As of this crucial juncture we ought to not pay heed to conspiracy theories and fake news. Such theories have obvious goals: to generate publicity for unknown persons or groups or to produce a kill in terms of profit. For instance, in case a link for an article with sensational and terrifying headlines gets circulated across social media and motivated media outlets consider the type of clicks being generated which directly translate into money.